How to Brew Clever Coffee
- Bring filtered water to a boil and let sit for 30 seconds, obtaining a temperature between 195 and 205 degrees
- Place a filter into the Clever, and the Clever on top of your cup
- Pour hot water through the filter to wet it and to preheat your cup
- Scoop fresh, medium-coarse ground coffee into the Clever and set the Clever on top of the provided coaster
- Bloom your coffee by pouring just enough water to wet the grounds
- After waiting 30 seconds, pour the rest of your water into the Clever and place the provided lid into place
- Let the coffee brew for around 3-5 minutes
- Place the Clever on top of your cup and allow the coffee to drain through the filter. This process should take 1 ½ minutes
Brew Ratio and Amount: For a 16-oz. cup of coffee, we recommend a 14:1 ratio of water to coffee. This would result in about a heaping 1/3rd Cup (32 grams) of ground coffee.
There are many possible ways to brew coffee using a Clever Dripper. We encourage you to experiment and find the method that produces the best coffee for you!