French Presses (or Infusion Pots)
- Bring water to a boil. Let rest for 60 seconds until water is 195-205 degrees.
- Measure the coarsely ground coffee into the carafe.
- Pour the hot water over the coffee grounds, making sure the grounds are evenly saturated.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes, then plunge the filter (which is connected to the cover) down through the grounds to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Coffee brewed this way is rich, full-bodied and fully extracted. It may contain a trace of sediment that is not present with a filtered method.